HarvesterLauncher.exe - fltsim. number limit?

Discussion about Prague Airport scenery
Wolkenschreck

HarvesterLauncher.exe - fltsim. number limit?

Post by Wolkenschreck » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi Premek, hi Jan!

The past days played a bit with AI Traffic in Prague and noticed that the jetways connets to some of the AI aircraft, but not all. The strange thing is that some paints on the same model work fine, whilst others won't. An example is the FAIB 737-800W. I have 734 fltsim entries in the aircraft.cfg in alphabetical order and only the ones up to fltsim.343 are recognized in the CustomerAircraftData.cfg. The result is that a 737 operated by El Al is present in the cfg and a Travel Service with a fltsim number much higher than 343 is not added to the CustomerAircraftData.cfg and therefore not recognized by the jetways.

I even have some AI Aircraft (e.g. the FSPXAI A330) which aren't recognized at all by the HarvesterLauncher.exe.

So is there any limit concerning the fltsim number in aircraft.cfg for the HaversterLauncher.exe?
And what can I do to make the non-recognized models to work?

Cheers,
Christoph

=============================================================================
FSX/P3D diagnostic report from '28.03.2018 (14:02:01)'
This report is saved in file 'C:\ProgramData\XHT\SimDiagnosticUtility\DiagnosticLog.txt'
=============================================================================
'P3Dv4' simulator is present and its configuration is valid.

Sim Installation folder is:
'D:\Prepar3D v4\'

Configuration folders are:
[ProgramDataFolder]: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
[LocalAppDataFolder]: C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
[RoamingAppDataFolder]: C:\Users\C\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Simulator Configuration files are:
[RoamingAppDataFolder]: C:\Users\C\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\prepar3d.cfg - file appears to be valid.

Scenery Configuration files are:
[ProgramDataFolder]: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg - file appears to be valid.

Found EXE.XML files are:
[ProgramDataFolder]: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml - file appears to be valid.
[RoamingAppDataFolder]: C:\Users\C\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml - file appears to be valid.

Found DLL.XML files are:
[ProgramDataFolder]: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml - file appears to be valid.
[RoamingAppDataFolder]: C:\Users\C\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml - file appears to be valid.

Found Simobjects.CFG files are:
[ProgramDataFolder]: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg - file appears to be valid.
Attachments
aircraft.zip
aircraft.cfg
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 916 times

premek
Site Admin

Re: HarvesterLauncher.exe - fltsim. number limit?

Post by premek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi Wolkenschreck
There is not such a limit(at least not a one I'm aware of). Sounds to me like an issue in [fltsim.344] which breaks the aircraft.cfg parsing but looking at that I could not see any reason why 343 is working 344 no.
I have to debug the harvester against your aircraft.cfg to try to find what the issue could be. Unfortunately, now I'm digged deep into the P3Dv4 installer so will take look at the Harvester later if you don't mind.

The AI aircraft could be something different....
Let me explain a bit how the Harvester works:
It reads the 'atc_model' value from [General] section of the 'aircraft.cfg' what should ideally be an ICAO code of the aircraft. When it is not valid ICAO code, the Harvester has several aliases to try to assign the proper value.
When there is not match with any of the aliases, there is no way how to identify the a/c so the only way then is we to ask the user to send us the aircraft.cfg and try to add aliases to the Harvester.

Cheers,
Premek
Přemek Truksa
SW Developer
XHT Labs

Wolkenschreck

Post by Wolkenschreck » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Premek!
Totally fine with this. I am actually looking forward to the release for P3Dv4 myself. Even though it's running fine on my PC there are probably a few people out there who are waiting for a true v4 installer. And they don't know what they are missing. You have done such a beautiful job with Prague.

If you come back to the AI traffic later and need a tester feel free to contact me via mail. Will be glad to help you.

Christoph

MGecko72

Post by MGecko72 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:47 am

Hi,

I want to come back on this older post because I have still exactly the same issue with the data-harvesting in the maintenance-tool. The harvesting in larger aircraft.cfg's works only up to about 334 fltsim-entries and doesn't recognize new aircraft types like A320N, A321N or B738M. I mainly use AI-Traffic from AIG with the OCI-Installer. AIG mainwhile set a high standard for AI-traffic. Is it possible for xht-labs to get in contact with AIG to solve this issue?

Regards, Mario.

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:52 am

Hi Mario,

could you please send us all the aircraft.cfg which are not completely scanned? We will try to reproduce it on our side.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

MGecko72

Post by MGecko72 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:25 am

Hi Jan,

I've attached the files plus my cfg.files and a list of atc_model-codes used by AIG in their aircraft.cfg's. The harvesting works fine in all aircraft.cfg, that use atc-models with standard code (B738, B738, A319, A320 etc.), except such that contains more then 340 fltsim-entries. Fltsim-entries from 341 on where ignored. Can you check this issue please and make the atc-models with new codes (for example A221, A20N, A35K, B77W etc.) recognizable by the harvester.

Regards, Mario.
xht.zip
(93.17 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi, I can "pleasantly" say that I was able to replicate the issue, so we will investigate.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

MGecko72

Post by MGecko72 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:30 am

That sounds good. I'm looking forward.

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:16 pm

Hi,

we were able to identify and fix the issue which was causing this.

We have deployed a minor patch, which is available right now

You can download the newest installer here, so you don't have to wait for Aerosoft:
http://www.xht-labs.com/public/Install_ ... Prague.zip
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

MGecko72

Post by MGecko72 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi Jan,

thank you for the little update. So far so good. But do you think about the other thing with the new atc-model codes before you give up the support for MA Prague?

Regards, Mario.