What went wrong ... ???

Discussion about Prague Airport scenery
Terblanche

What went wrong ... ???

Post by Terblanche » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm

With great excitement I've followed the link from FSElite and downloaded the beta for LKPR ... but it's a mess on my rig. I don't understand why I'm so unlucky with this scenery since FSX and why there is forever and day an issue to get it to work as it should?
:roll:
Hopefully there is some explanation for this and a fix because I would love to have this airport back in my scenery.
Attachments
LKPR missing buildings
LKPR missing buildings
LKPR.jpg (560.02 KiB) Viewed 15473 times
Terblanche

jan.podlipsky

Re: What went wrong ... ???

Post by jan.podlipsky » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi Terblanche,

do you have an FTX Vector installed? If so, please disable Airport Elevation Correction for LKPR.

But I generally recommend disabling it for everything, because it's always making a mess in my sim.

I can definitely say, that this issue is not caused by the AirportController, because all his objects are placed correctly. Terminal building is a part of the BGL file in the Scenery itself.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

Terblanche

Post by Terblanche » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you Jan -

I've excluded LKPR in AEC and the buildings are back as they should be. Still have a huge ditch/trench to the right of Rwy24 if you come in to land, but I suppose that's FTX as well ... ?

Maybe I'm just lucky, but the amount of airports that have a problem with FTX Vector on my rig are only a handful and I have a lot of 3rd party airports installed. Now that I know where to look at, I'll do the Vector fix first.
Attachments
elevation rwy24
elevation rwy24
LKPR2.jpg (630.12 KiB) Viewed 15452 times
Terblanche

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi,

glad to hear it!

There are other airports in the vicinity of the Prague. Maybe try to exclude all the airports in Czech airspace (starting with LK)
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

Terblanche

Post by Terblanche » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

I've excluded ALL the LK** airports and still the trench remains, except a few houses now float in the air.
I'll rather have a ditch and all buildings on the ground, and will therefore include all again except LKPR because at least that is okay now.
Terblanche

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 am

It's quite possible that some other addon is doing this. Because none of our testers has encountered this.

It's up to you now. You can either try to disable addons like FTX Vector one by one, or leave it as it is.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Dear Jan,

unfortunately I have to report the same discrepancy in ground effect as Terblanche. Disabled all add-ons and FTX Vector too...

Generally runway textures and lines are not visible and ground level differencies. Any idea how to proceed?

@Terblanche - did you solve it?

Rgds
Roman

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Just short update of solution:

Ground level difference solved after application of batch JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch.zip

Missing buildings solved by application of Airport Elevation Corrections in ORBX Vector (LKPR disable - adding to the list of AEC disabled airports)

Missing texture on taxiway and runway - start up of APController.exe to check in Task Manager

Now some tests onging to be sure if no additional troubles occured.

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:13 am

I've responded to that in your original post.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=114
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

ibelarry

Post by ibelarry » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 am

Hi!
I have been waiting a long time to have LKPR back in P3Dv4 and was excited that it had finally been updated. Unfortunately I am also having elevation issues. The entire airport is on a plateau. I have disabled LKPR in Vector but no joy. I am also using FTX Europe LC and Pilot's Ultimate Mesh but these addons have never been a problem before with LKPR. Come to think of it FTX Vector was not a problem before as long as you disabled LKPR. Any ideas...solutions? Thanks!