Mega Airport Prague and Prepar3D v5

Discussion about Prague Airport scenery
jan.podlipsky

Mega Airport Prague and Prepar3D v5

Post by jan.podlipsky » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

since other addon developers are posting their statements, we have decided to pitch in as well.

Prepar3D v5 has not yet got into our hands, and we expect to get it once it is released. Our preliminary research has told us, that there should not be any problem with porting our scenery into the new Sim. However, since we are fully focused on a new project, we have decided to wait a couple of weeks after the release of P3D v5, before working on the new installer, and invest our time into this project. Especially due to the fact that it will take time before all the major developers will port their products.

If everything goes according to our preliminary research, and everything will be according to our expectations, we can say, that will make a P3D v5 version, and it will be FREE of charge. But, if there is any "gotcha", this can of course change, and we would hate to make any promises which would then backfire on us.

XHT-Labs
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

Gollum65

Re: Mega Airport Prague and Prepar3D v5

Post by Gollum65 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:15 am

Hello. Is there any update you can provide on P3D v5 compatibility? I'm looking forward to getting this airport back into my rotation of European destinations, and I don't have v4 installed so I can't use the work around you detailed in another post.

Thanks.

Paul Biderman

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:17 am

Hi,

the scenery is mostly complete, but we still need to finish a few things.

Our programmer is currently flooded with his daytime job, so he is unable to work on it.

I don't want to promise anything, but it should only take couple of weeks.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

Gollum65

Post by Gollum65 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:24 pm

I'm glad progress is being made. Thanks for the update.

Gollum65

Post by Gollum65 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:16 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for finishing the update to LKPR. It looks great in P3Dv5. The dynamic lighting is beautiful. It's one of the lowest VRAM airports of any that I have, and I have more than 30. I didn't realize until I read your announcement that this scenery is already 4 years old. I understand your desire to move forward to newer products and I look forward to them. I hope you'll keep developing scenery for P3Dv5. Not everyone is moving to FS2020.

Thanks again.

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:04 am

Hi,

many thanks for the kind words! We REALLY appreciate them.

At this moment, we have decided to poke our fingers into MSFS, and we will see what comes out of it.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs