SODE not working / Safedock not working

Discussion about Prague Airport scenery
monokuro

SODE not working / Safedock not working

Post by monokuro » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello,

I have just installed (admin mode, antivir off) the latest version of LKPR. Had the Config tool run the scan for add-ons and liveries (twice). And still have the UNKN TYPE message and SODE isn't working at all (SODDE 1.6.3).

Also, would it be possible to have the XHT-Labs tools folder installed in the folder I choose within the installer and not fixed in the root folder of C:?

Thanks,
Jan

Erik

Re: SODE not working / Safedock not working

Post by Erik » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello Jan,

The scenery does not make use of SODE, but uses AirportController which does more or less the same thing (control of the jetways, seasonal textures etc.). If you do not see jetways and ground textures AirportController might not be running...

If the aircraft is unknown, you will need to launch the maintenance tool (C:\XHT-Labs\LKPR Maintenance Tool) and select the option 'Scan Aircraft/Liveries'. This will generate a file called CustomerAircraftData.cfg which will be placed in the AirportController folder (C:\XHT-Labs\AirportController)… In this way the VDGS will recognise both AI and user planes.

Hope this helps,

Erik

monokuro

Post by monokuro » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi Erik,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. So when the Jetways are not SODE, how do I operate them? STRG-J isn't working either.

I see the jetways and ground textures and the AirportController is running.

As for the aircraft type. As I said I did run the maintenance tool twice. The CustomerAircraftData.cfg file is in the correct folder as per your message. So I'm at a loss what is wrong.

Admittedly my installation path for the scenery is different than where the XHT-Labs folder for the maintenance tool etc. is located. But if that isn't a good idea then the installer shouldn't allow it to be installed in two different places?
Thanks,

Jan

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi,

could you please go into more detail about which plane is not working for you? Do you have any entries in the CustomerAircraftData.cfg?

How the jetways are operating is described in the manual.

Thanks for explaining that in my absence, Erik :-)
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

monokuro

Post by monokuro » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Thank you Jan.

It’s the FSLabs A319 that is not working. So far the only one I have tested.

The CustomerAircraftData.cfg has lots of entries. I scanned for A319 and it did find entries but hadn’t done a thorough search for perhaps FSL or under whatever name it might be saved. In whatever shape or form it’s in there or not, the point is, it’s not being recognized.

My bad not having read the really thorough manual (kudos) in detail. That being said, the manual does say CTRL-J would work (even if the dynamic jetways don’t) in any case as long as the aircraft is recognized which isn’t the case. So that isn’t really helping either :).

I think it comes down to that the FSL A319 isn‘t properly being recognized by the scanner.

Happy to help trouble-shoot if you point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jan

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Could you please send me the location of the FSLabs A319 (path to the Aircraft.cfg would be the best) and also please upload that aircraft.cfg and customeraircraftdata.cfg

Your conclusion is correct, jetways will not work if the aircraft is not recognized.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

monokuro

Post by monokuro » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:53 am

There are four variants from FSLabs. These are the respective locations where each of their aircraft.cfg is located:

E:\Prepar3D Add-Ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 CFM
E:\Prepar3D Add-Ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 IAE
E:\Prepar3D Add-Ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM
E:\Prepar3D Add-Ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE

The one I used for the test was the 319 IAE variant.

Attached are all four aircraft.cfg plus your CustomerAircraftData.cfg.

Thanks,
Jan
Attachments
FSLabs aircraft.zip
(56.23 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:29 am

Hi,

from the look of it, it looks correct.

Open the Maintenance Tool, set debug level to DEBUG, then scan for the planes. Once the scan is complete, it should create a log file in the Maintenance Tool folder. Please send it here.

Hopefully we will figure out what's wrong :-)
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs

monokuro

Post by monokuro » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks for your persistence :).

Attached is the debug file.

We'll figure this out :).

Jan
Attachments
AirportControllerLog-2018_12_15-11_48_34_606.zip
(95.51 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

jan.podlipsky

Post by jan.podlipsky » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks. I think I'm getting the idea what's wrong.

Do you have any other plane in the same location as FSLabs, which is working with the APController?

Also in the FSLabs folder, there should be an Addon.xml file. Do you have it there? Please upload it here as well.
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs